Operations Manager - Apprenticeships
Operations Manager - Apprenticeships
Belfast - Northern Ireland
£39K to £42K per annum + great benefits, mileage paid
Director of Excellence & Apprenticeships
Team Leader, Assessors, Administrator, Employer Services consultant & Essential Skills Tutors
Responsible for effective management and operational delivery of apprenticeships for the Northern Ireland contract. Responsibility for delivery of apprenticeship programmes with NI. Ensuring strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with the Sales team and Team Leader to effectively manage resources to maximise learner and performance targets.
This role will also require the Contract Manager to undertake some sales activity and support the sales function in engaging and hitting start targets.
This role will require extensive travel.
Responsible for performance targets including delivery & implementation of the learner journey and operational excellence.
- Responsible for setting and achieving targets for starts, visits, delivery and achievements to also include all components of apprenticeship delivery
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders and develop key relationships that ensure programme and business success
- Work closely with employers within the Belfast region to ensure programmes and delivery are fit for purpose and delivered to an acceptable standard.
- Conduct monthly one to one with all assessors, sales staff and Essential Skills tutors, monitoring and setting targets against contact performance, budgets and expectations
- Ensure team undergoes continuous professional development (CPD)
- Recruit, manage, develop and retain appropriately qualified staff to full fill contract delivery and employer requirements
- Comply with company cascade including monthly team meetings, standardisation etc.
- Attend meetings and working groups as required
- Manage performance issues within the team including probationary and performance development plans
- Ensure that all operational colleagues are managed positively and effectively in line with company processes
- Ensure that company policies, procedures, strategies and other communications are disseminated and understood by all operational team within your area
- Complete all necessary reporting to keep the Director of Excellence & Apprenticeships and the wider business informed of performance and activities and progress
- Responsible for ensuring that all apprenticeship delivery meets the learner, employer, Inspectorate NI, Awarding body and is Inspectorate/Awarding Organisation and audit compliant
- Ensure all apprenticeship programmes meet or exceeds the learner’s and employer’s expectation by providing a professional and quality service that our customers and stakeholders can rely on.
- Regularly review CPD compliance and activity to ensure all team members are suitably qualified and equipped to carry out their roles competently
- Ensure the creation of an inclusive training environment where all can participate equally and equality, diversity and inclusion is actively promoted
- Undertake such other duties compatible with the post as may be required to support the business
- Ensure safeguarding and learner centric support are central to every day practice and behaviour
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience of working at a management level within an apprenticeship operational function within Northern Ireland
- Experience of managing apprenticeship provision remotely over a large geographical area.
- Good stakeholder engagement skills with evidence of influence and achievement of results
- Understanding of funding streams and requirements
- Good knowledge and experience of the Department for Economics requirements, audit and Inspectorate NI compliance
- Good track record of consistently meeting targets and objectives within the apprenticeship industry.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Strong people management and colleague development
- Experience in the evaluation of performance against business objectives and, where necessary, the implementation of development plans for staff performance
- Understanding of qualification and standard structures and accreditation of prior learning
- Understanding of additional learning/social needs and safeguarding policies
- Solid experienced of teaching, learning and delivering of apprenticeship programmes within the FE or ITP sector
- Excellent problem solving skills
- V1 or TAQA Level 4 Award
- Driving licence
- Level 3 management qualification
- Prince 2
- IAG Qualification