IT Help Desk Analyst, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Service Desk
An exciting opportunity to join Superdrug Head Office as an IT Help Desk Analyst within our service desk team.
This is to provide an excellent and consistent level of 1st line IT technical support to all customers within the A.S. Watson groups of companies, including Superdrug, Savers and The Perfume Shop based in the UK and Eire, additionally a limited service to select A.S. Watson companies based in Europe.
Please note this is a 37.5 hour week, however does include some weekend work.
Our service desk is open Monday to Friday 7am-6pm, so you will be working shifts inbetween these hours.
Saturday 8am - 5pm (1 in 3 possibly 1 in 2) Last 4 Sundays before Xmas 8am - 4:30pm (1 in 2)
• To receive IT incidents or requests from the customer and to ensure that they are logged and correctly classified in line with the agreed requirements.
• To diagnose all IT incidents or requests and resolve where possible following agreed support documentation and methods.
• To escalate any IT incidents or requests that require further diagnosis to the correct support group and to monitor the progress of these incidents or requests until resolution.
• To check on a regular basis, the progression of all escalated IT incidents or requests and to report upon any incidents or requests that are close to reaching the agreed fix times.
• To confirm with all customers who have logged an incident or request that incident or request closure can be completed prior to final closure.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service at all times and to adhere to any relevant service management principles.
• To contact customers on a regular basis to gain feedback on the service provided by the IT Services team.
• To support customers in the use of IT equipment by providing the appropriate guidance.
• To deal with system profile management request, ensuring that all requests for new system user profiles are completed within the required timescales and that the required level of approval has been sought beforehand. Additionally, to ensure that all requests for changes to system user profiles are correctly authorised.
• To perform ad hoc requests as and when the job requires
• To participate in the out of hours IT support rota.
• To work in a shift pattern covering service from Monday to Saturday 0700 to 1800 and covering service on Sundays during November and December.
• To participate in the delivery of all key daily tasks.
• To assist other members of the IT team with IT-related duties.
• To raise incidents or requests to external service partners on behalf of the customer and to review the progress and resolution of these incidents or requests.
• To provide input in to the review of the performance of service partners.
• To escalate issues with service partner performance within the partner’s organisation and within the A.S. Watson IT team where required.
4. Behavioural Indicators (Subject to Change)
• Analytical Thinking. Can understand complex issues by breaking it down into component parts. Uses detailed analysis to interpret complex data and identify the key drivers to make a well thought through decision.
• Drive for Results. Demonstrates drive and passion to achieve results through themselves and others, takes action to exceed goals and expectations. Enjoys working hard and puts energy into meaningful and challenging tasks that impact the bottom line.
• Passion for consumers. Demonstrates passion for constantly delighting customers. Generates deep insights into consumer and market trends and applies these to deliver innovation and quality improvements to products and services.
• Skilful conversations. Provides the information that people need to do their jobs to have a sense of purpose and pride. Regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions with team members to ensure problems do not fester and credit is given in an appropriate and timely way.
• Formal communication. Is effective in a variety of formal communication settings, reads audiences well and adapts style accordingly. Frames messages in a concise, impactful and knowledgeable manner.
• Self development. Demonstrates personal commitment to self improvement. Works to deploy strengths and compensate for limitations. Is a self aware Leader who picks up on the need to change, seeks out and responds well to feedback.
• Respect for others. Relates well to all kinds of people, is genuinely interested and curious about understanding different cultures, values and styles. Aware of what is important to the individual. Demonstrates empathy and warmth in relationships with others at all levels.
• Confidence and commitment. Has the confidence to express their viewpoint, even in a challenging or risky environment for the benefit of the business. Willing to stand up and be counted and not shrink from personal responsibility. To have the courage to face adversity and take difficult decisions.
Good knowledge of PC based Office applications (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc).
A detailed knowledge of IT Help Desk systems.
Knowledge of the operation of retail IT systems.
A detailed knowledge of how retail IT systems work and how to perform support at a 1st line level.
A general understanding of PC hardware, network and software products.
Knowledge of customer care best practice.
Ideally you will have recent experience of working on a Help Desk of 6 or more staff for a minimum of 1 year and a Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional IT support role dealing with external service partners