Desktop Support Engineer
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a desktop support engineer to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As a desktop support engineer you will be managing and implementing the client infrastructure systems focussed on our Cwmbran site. The role works in conjunction with the rest of the IT team across all UK sites.
The role will be a technical & process driven role focussed around servicing the helpdesk as well as diagnostic and implementation tasks.
With a large variety of task specific software and hardware in use, the ability to understand complex systems and processes and to rapidly acquire knowledge and understanding of different software products is essential.
Ensuring effective communication within the team is vital to the role, as well as working within the scope of defined processes.
- Ensuring responsive 1st line support, acting as a point of technical escalation for the technicians bridging to and supporting the 2nd line support
- Creating and updating work instructions
- Managing the flow of client assets throughout their lifecycle
- Ensure all client assets are within manufacturer warranty
- Client hardware and software fault diagnosis
- Deploy and update all client devices
- Ensure IT systems in common areas are maintained
- Deploy software to client devices
- Ensure all software is properly licensed
- Preparing new client software packages
- Terminate and Test infrastructure cabling
- Network printer configuration and maintenance
- Administration of the phone system
- Respond to all alerts from the client support systems
- Assisting business with office moves
- Recommending system improvements
- Assist in new implementations as part of the IT project plan
- Liaising with external support providers
- Windows XP, 7 and 8
- Office 2007-2013
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- LANDesk Management Suite
- Network Essentials (DNS, DHCP etc)
- Windows 10
- Lotus Notes
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- Check Point VPN Client
- PBX Telephony / Cisco VOIP
- Client knowledge of CAD, CAM and Stress Analysis systems
- Local Area Networking, including infrastructure cable termination and testing
- Windows Server (NT4-2012R2) and underlying services (DNS/DHCP/WINS/RRAS etc)
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.