Bristol | Mobile
Full Time | Permanent
£28,000 - £30,000 + Pension + 25 days holiday
CSG Talent has partnered with a leading Facilities Management company and we are looking to recruit a mobile Multi-skilled Engineer to be based in Bristol and cover Bristol/Swindon/South Wales.
A flexible role to cover but not limited to maintenance and breakdown tasks (mechanical, electrical and fabric). Work to be carried out as required to meet the business needs of the client. You will be required to work 40 hours per week which will also require a 1 in 7 on call rota and overtime.
Job Specific Requirements
Provide general mechanical/ HVAC/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant. Carry out general planned and reactive maintenance to building associated plant.
Carry out general statutory duties including weekly & monthly L8 tasks and fire alarm testing weekly. Ensure site logbooks are kept up to date and compliant. Supervision, inducting and controlling of subcontractors.
Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, company and site specific procedures. Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability. Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller. Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
Carry out condition based monitoring surveys and minor new works installations and testing. Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management. Assist the mechanical Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- The ideal candidate will have the relevant C&G/NVQ3 or equivalent mechanical or electrical discipline.
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVAC and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Full driving licence essential as the role requires travel between sites.
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Family friendly benefits
Auto enrol pension