Fantastic opportunity for a Food & Beverage / Catering Sales Manager to be based in East London.
- The Sales Manager opportunity is working for a high-profile venue which specialises in catering Food & Beverage for corporate events including sporting events and hospitality based in East London.
- Experience within catering Sales, Food & Beverage Sales or Sales within the Sporting industry (football) is Essential
- This is a 12-month fixed term role working 40 hours per week with possibility of extension following the fixed term period.
- Core working days are Monday to Friday with occasional weekend requirement depending on sales events and customer requirements.
- On offer is a competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 + benefits package and a commission model relative to skills and experience.
The role holder will be responsible for meeting monthly sales targets and sourcing new business/ event opportunities to further grow and raise the profile of the existing venue.
As a member of the management team, you will ensure a high quality, customer focused sales and marketing service is delivered whilst ensuring compliance with business standards and processes in line with company requirements.
All applicants must have a commercial and operational understanding of the Catering Hospitality and Events industry.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include and are not limited to;
- Meet monthly sales targets in line with annual forecasts through a combination of;
- Conversion of event enquiries to bookings
- Working independently to source new leads and business
- Hosting familiarisation events
- Attending roadshows and marketplace style events to promote the venue
- Manage a marketing budget to support sales activities
- Lead on the development of sales collateral
- Providing budget quotes to customers in line with business processes
- Manage a small team who will support with sales, administration and marketing
- Understand policies and procedures and ensure they are both implemented within the team and followed
- Take part in wider business initiatives and support a healthy working environment for your team
- Work with the Catering Operations Team to both understand operational limitations and explore new ways of working that will benefit the business
- Ensure any sales made are commercially beneficial to the business whilst providing value for money to the customer
- Build up long-term customer relationships to ensure repeat business
- Understanding of the marketing requirements for the wider service and ensure the team are delivering in line with a pre-defined marketing plan
- Significant previous experience in a Catering Sales or Food, Beverage Sales or Sporting Sales industry is essential
- Must be flexible in their approach to work
- Previous experience of a similar role or equivalent working in an Event Sales environment
- Experience of working with football clubs and sports association
- Sales and negotiation
- Customer service/ relationship building
- Confident/ likeable
- Organisational/ effective time management skills
- Able to work with a variety of people
- Comfortable with cold-calling and setting up meetings for potential new business leads
- Computer literate with a range of office applications word, excel, outlook, access, powerpoint etc.
- Excellent face to face, telephone and written (email) skills
- Deals well with pressure
- Knowledge of football industry
- Contacts within the sporting music industry
- Social media and marketing management (not necessary)
- Finance/ P&L understanding
- Recognised marketing/ sales/ business management qualification
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Flexible approach
- Approachable professional manner
- Driven/ dedicated
- Likeable nature
- Interest in sports/ music