Centre Manager (Civil Engineering Training Centre)
CETC Centre Manager (Civil Engineering Training Centre)
Location: CETC, Solent Airport, Lee on Solent
Salary: £40,000 pa
Initiated by a large group of influential Hampshire based groundworks and civil engineering employers, the Civil Engineering Training Centre (CETC) will train the next generation of groundwork construction operatives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high profile and well-supported construction skills development programme.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of the construction (civil engineering) industry and experience of apprenticeship programmes. The post is critical in ensuring the success of this exciting project.
The CETC Centre Manager will take responsibility for all aspects of the site development and operation as well as the on-going curriculum delivery. Once fully operational, the Civil Engineering Training Centre will train in excess of 80 apprentices per year and offer skills development in the construction industry for both new entrants and existing employees.
CETC Centre Manager Duties:
- To manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations and resources of CETC
- To manage and coordinate all aspects of curriculum delivery at CETC in liaison with the Director of Curriculum or Head of Department
- To undertake a teaching programme and all aspects of the teaching and learning process for the programme area
- To act as a Course Leader for designated courses
- To assist the Director of Curriculum or Head of Department in the management and review of the curriculum in accordance with College policies
- To participate in liaison activities associated with CETC and those relating to the wider College provision
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of the construction industry, specifically in civil engineering or groundworks, and experience of curriculum delivery in apprenticeship programmes.
Experience in teaching and learning would be advantageous, although industry experience will be considered for those with the ambition of becoming an outstanding Lecturer. Fareham College will offer free teacher training to those wishing to enter the teaching profession.
40 Days Annual Leave, Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
Please APPLY and we shall send full application details via email.
Interview Date: TBC
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes on: Thursday 27 July 2017