A highly reputable law firm in Wells is looking a Conveyancing Assistant to join the Residential Property Team.
The successful candidate will come from an administrative background within the professional services industry.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high quality support function to all fee earners including typing of dictated work, drafting of letters and documents, organisation of time, clients and workload.
- Set up new files correctly when new cases commence
- Keep checklists, colour coding and layout in order and up-to-date
- Undertake conflict and money laundering checks
- Carry out searches
- Preparation of documents both pre and post- completion
- Keep accurate financial records for fee earners
- Undertake file reviews
- Manage the electronic database and keep up-to-date
- Photocopy documents and complete Money Laundering forms
- Prepare and circulate agendas/minutes for department meetings
- Quality check all work before passed to fee-earner
- Assist with preparation for marketing and business events and on occasion, attend events to greet, collect contact details etc.
- Previous experience within the legal or property sector would be beneficial
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent organiser
- Ability to work well under pressure
- An out-going personality
Due to the overwhelming response we receive to our jobs, we are unable to reply personally to every application. If within three working days you have not received a response from us, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. We apologise that we are unable to respond individually.