Field Project Engineer
Field Project Engineer
Location: UK Northwest with Worldwide Travel
Salary: £34K-£42K negotiable DOE + allowances
My client is a market leader in structural reinstatement applications worldwide, including Maritime Ship Repair and the Offshore Petrochemical industries.
Using a patented composite material they have completed many repair projects, including numerous technically-challenging and unique applications, both on and offshore.
They currently have locations in the UK, North America, and Asia and are expanding the Maritime Repair arm of their business.
They currently seeks an ambitious, hands-on Field Project Engineer to join their established Operations Team, to oversee the application of its products on-site, in worldwide locations, as well as the development and implementation of NorthWest-UK workshop-based Preventative Maintenance programs for complex mobile plant and support equipment.
The Responsibilities of this exciting role will include:
- working within a compact team, ensuring project is delivered on time, on budget, to a high technical standard, and in accordance with the client`s Safety Policy
- operating and maintaining specialised equipment with a high degree of competency, sometimes in difficult and/or challenging locations
- providing confident and expert product advice, technical solutions and QA awareness to the client and subcontractor crews
- monitoring project progress and advising Project Manager, Senior Management and client alike
- control Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other project related documentation
- expediting the repair and refurbishment of used equipment for a fast turnaround ready for the next project
The Qualities of the candidate sought will clearly show:
- An academic record to HND or above in an engineering disciple, containing modules such as Electrical Control Systems, Fluid Power, Process Engineering
- Practical hand-on experience in the assembly and/or maintenance of basic Electrical Power and Control, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Fluid Power systems, workshop skills such as basic Welding and Fabrication
- exemplary problem-solving and maintenance skills
- Focus to ensure project delivery exceeds expectations and the drive and ambition to acquire new skills and progress within the organisation
- A valid UK Passport, Driving Licence and the ability to pass a regular Occupational Medical Examination
- An appetite for extensive travel and extended periods of time away from home, including overseas and offshore locations
- Strong IT, administration, literacy/numeracy and problem solving skills
- The interpersonal skills to work in a close-knit unit and act as a Company ambassador at all times
The Ideal candidate might also (but not necessarily):
- Have experience in PLC control systems and be familiar with Step/Ladder logic programming
- Be a time-served maintenance technician looking to progress their career
- Have work experience as a maritime engineer or in offshore oil/gas
- Have knowledge of the basics of plastic processing/moulding equipment
- Have qualifications (vocational and/or academic) relevant to the role
In return, the Engineer could expect:
- £34-42K (depending on experience) + allowances
- Private healthcare and pension
- Generous holiday and Time Off In Lieu entitlement
- Participation in the company equity scheme
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing business for a person who has the required skills, knowledge and experience, with worldwide travel and good prospects of advancement expected for those who excel in their performance.
Please submit your CV and current salary details for consideration in the first instance.