IT Support Engineer
Do you have a genuine interest in IT support? Do you think you could excel in responding to helpdesk and face-to-face support requests? This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team at Truebyte, where we value people in their own right as well as their technical expertise.
As a Sussex-based IT Engineer you will work on our helpdesk providing telephone and ticket based support for our SME clients. Our IT team handle a wide variety of ongoing projects for our clients (including servers, SAN storage, virtualisation environments, LAN & WAN networking & routing, VOIP, backup solutions, Office 365 adoption and new network set-ups).
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can meet client needs with both technical expertise and empathy. They must have the ability to self-manage and work in an efficient and trustworthy manner.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being responsible for 1st line and some 2nd line support issues (via ticket-based system)
- Remote Access IT Support
- Onsite IT support and hardware installation visits for Sussex based clients
- Support visitis to our London clients
- Must be personable - possessing the skills and experience to communicate effectively and dealing with customer requests professionally at all times
- Pro-active and committed
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to pick up new skills rapidly
- The ability to work well in a team is essential
- Fluent English language speaker
- Previous IT helpdesk support experience utilising a ticket based system
- Extensive Microsoft OS support experience, including Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Experience in providing Microsoft Office support
- A good understanding of VoIP, IP networking, TCP/IP and connectivity, including switches, routers and firewalls;
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Windows Server administration skills and experience (2008/2012/2012 R2)
- Genuine understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience of imaging and deployment of builds
- Ability to prioritise effectively and handle a varied and high workload
- Involvement in IT purchasing, software and asset register audits
- Ability to deal with external service providers (e.g. BT)
- Experience with support of video conferencing solutions
- An understanding of the maintenance of Cisco IP Telephony and Voicemail systems would be an advantage.
Requirement for out of hours work on occasion. Requirement to travel to our London sites where required.
Company pension scheme for all Truebyte team members.
The role suits living in or near to Eastbourne.