Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Finance Manager based in Woodbridge. This is a newly created role with an innovative and progressive business. The business is fairly new however has had a big impact within its market with interest from many blue-chip companies. The role will be to assist the FD with the day to day management of the finance function. This will include challenging current process and making sure processes and systems are fit for purpose and future proof. The role will develop fairly quickly as the business grows.
- Full ownership of the financial reporting system, from day to day transactions such as raising sales invoices, recording purchase invoices, bank reconciliations and VAT
- Responsible for preparing year-end financial statements and audit working papers
- Prepare monthly management accounts and board packs, with comprehensive commentary
- Assist the Finance Director in compiling forecasts and monitoring cashflows
- Manage and monitor inventory levels and unit costs
- Manage payroll and pension
- Transactional accounting such as credit control and payroll
- Take ownership of implementing a new financial reporting system
- Supporting the Finance Director with commercial analysis and add value through challenging existing processes
- Ownership of the Company’s IT system and policies
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 5 years’ experience. You will also have experience of producing monthly and year end accounts, Cashflow and forecasting. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure within a small business which has an exciting future.