Events Manager - £23-25K - Suffolk Hotel
At Select Norwich we are currently recruiting for an Events Manager on behalf of our client, a Victorian Hotel situated in the heart of a coastal town in Suffolk.
The growing business is currently in the first stages of an extensive refurbishment, which they hope to have finished by the end of the year. They are looking for candidates who will take a proactive approach in the development of the hotel and helping it to progress to the highest standard.
The meeting and conference suites within the Hotel can accommodate up to 300 people, with smaller suites for more intimate events.
- The Events Manager will be responsible for selling, planning and delivering events to an exceptionally high standard
- Maximise sales opportunities through marketing
- The Events Manager will communicate effectively with the Restaurant Manager, Front of House Manager and Head Chef, ensuring that all events run smoothly
- Take a hands-on approach to the day-to-day operations of the event department, motivating and training the team to ensure every guest receives excellent customer service at all times
- Being customer focused, the successful candidate will always maintain excellent communication with the client, ensuring their expectations are met and exceeded in every instance
- The Event Manager must have the ability to multitask; they will strive in a high pressure environment
Experience and Skills required
- 3 years experience within Event Management position preferred
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in managing a team
- Understanding of marketing strategies would be advantageous
- Strong passion for the industry, with an ambition to progress
- Excellent attention to detail
- Always willing to go above and beyond
- Customer focused
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of £23,000 - £25,000 (dependant on experience)
- Staff discount scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Opportunity to progress within high-end Hotel group
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Lily Walker on at our Norwich office.