Software tester required to join a leading software company working with some of the largest blue chip companies based in Hull. This is an ideal role for someone looking to working in an employee driven company who promote the chance to up skill.
The individual should have 2 years or more experience as a professional tester and should ideally be ISEB Certified. The individual should be qualified to a higher education level in subjects relevant to this technology. Automated testing experience and/or qualifications are desirable.
Basic Skills Required
- Ability to communicate effectively with production and management staff.
- Ability to write and execute test plans and manage one’s own workload.
- Ability to work well within a team to tight deadlines.
- Must have an understanding of the full development lifecycle.
Accountability & Activities
- Create and maintain accurate software test plans for complex business systems.
- Manage and execute all stages of testing throughout development life cycle.
- Complete the execution of all testing and manage additional application ofad-hoc testing resource in order to achieve and maintain software quality.
- Manage and maintain the automated test tools within the development department.
- Maintain awareness of testing techniques and best practice process and maintain personal ISEB certification.
- Manage all necessary testing related communications within the development team and between customer account managers, and users.
- Monitor and sustain accurate information within the development department defect tracking and release control systems.
- Management of the user acceptance process within the production environment.
- Track, validate and maintain the recording of audit data for the software production, testing and approval process.
- Maintain understanding of the following:
Experience of using the following skills:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Apple Mac Development
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Apple Mac Operating Systems
- Which testing methods should be used per development
- Test script design and execution
- How tests should be conducted to achieve desired results
- When releases can be completed
- Prioritization of defects
- Testing tools and techniques
- Evaluation of solutions from a user perspective
- Estimate testing time
Half day finishes every Friday