Linux Application & Database Specialist
Pioneering market leader seeing a Linux Subject Matter expert paying up to £50,000 + Car!
our new company
Prestigious opportunity with a pioneering service provider to the retail industry for a Linux Application & Database Specialist.
Your new role
Working as part of a team the Linux Application & Database Specialist will be responsible for the deployment, maintenance, operation and technical support of Unix & Database applications across all development, test, pre-production and production environments.
- Provide support for assigned applications or platforms ensuring daily tasks are performed (backup, indexing monitoring etc), including out-of-hours as required
- Fully engaged in Change-, Incident- and Problem management processes
- Undertake problem determination and/or resolution to maintain and improve services to customers
- Provide support and advice to the team and line management on Operational or Technical Issues
- Develop and maintain technical and service documentation
- Participate in project delivery, taking leading technical role as appropriate, to ensure the operability of delivered solutions
What you'll need to succeed
An experienced Linux subject matter expert we are seeking candidates with a combination of the following skills:-
- Apache/Tomcat web services
- Configuration management - Ansible
- AMQP message queues - Rabbitmq/Kafka
- CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Git
- Database server Administration - MongoDB, MYSQL, Elasticsearch, MSSQL (on Linux),
- Linux distributions - Ubuntu/CentOS/SUSE
- Automation and Scripting - Bash, Python
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 with excellent benefits that can be discussed upon application.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.