Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Engineer Design Engineer to join a 500 strong, global multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy in London. You will enjoy the opportunity to work on projects from inception to final installation inspection, testing and commissioning and final handover.
Reporting to a Director you will be expected to design, manage and deliver your own projects, attend and contribute to client meetings and also provide guidance and mentoring to the less experienced Electrical Engineers.
Based in their recently refurbished and spacious London office; you will work on a variety of medium sized projects (£5 to £50 million construction value) within the education, commercial, luxury residential, mixed use, defence and healthcare sectors through RIBA stages 2 - 5.
Your role will involve;
- Attending client meetings and defining their requirements.
- Assisting with estimating costs, fee bids and resource planning.
- Producing concept, performing specifications and detail design for electrical distribution, lighting, small power, CCTV, Fire Alarms, Comms and Lightning Protection.
- Surveying existing installations, troubleshooting and proposing compliant, reliable and cost- effective solutions.
- Coordinating with the Mechanical and Sustainability Engineers and ensuring your designs are energy efficient and resilient.
- Degree qualified in Electrical, Electronic or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of five years experience as a consulting engineer.
- Good command of Amtech and Dialux and working knowledge of Revit.
- Clear communication skills and ability to produce well written technical reports.
- Previous experience designing, managing and delivering projects independently.
This role will appeal to an individual who is looking to join an innovative, privately owned global multi-disciplinary consultancy that has experienced steady growth over the past five years and can offer varied projects, a nice working environment and genuine progression to Technical Director or Partner.