New Media Reader
New Media Reader
£19,013 per annum, plus applicable bonus
News travels faster and further than ever before. At Cision we are on a journey to be the indispensable resource for all forms of media intelligence, connecting PR and marketing professionals with the people and solutions they need. Using ground-breaking metrics and KPIs, we help businesses and high-profile individuals prove where and how PR contributes to their success - providing the insight they need to make the right tactical and strategic decisions. We give PR and marketing people a genuine business advantage by connecting them to essential, up-to-the-minute media intelligence services and an exclusive community, not to mention our dedication to personal service. Our people make the difference. With accuracy rates of 99.6%, our staff are experts in their field and passionate about the worlds of Media and PR.
The New Media Reader is responsible for reading and selecting online articles accurately in accordance with Company guidelines and meeting our volume and quality targets on a daily basis. You will also ensure that you maintain company values and ensure resources are utilised efficiently and effectively to deliver to tight deadlines.
As a New Media Reader you will have the ability to maintain high degrees of concentration with excellent accuracy levels, you will be adaptable, interested in learning and developing to meet changing situations. A good eye for detail and the ability to work and read at speed is a must.
Within the role you will be expected to continually seek to improve your performance and may work on projects or new initiatives agreed with the Manager to develop our services.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week between 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Monday to Friday.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Accurate reading of all broadcast, web & wire sources in accordance with Company guidelines
- Use Reading software appropriately and follow briefing instructions closely.
- Stay up to date with new and changed orders.
- Meet the Company's accuracy and volume targets.
- Endeavor to constantly increase personal performance.
- Communicate all issues to the appropriate personnel to ensure that problems are picked up early and addressed in a proactive manner.
- Drive output initiatives and ensure your focus is quality driven to improve customer experience
- Assist in mentoring new team members and participate in projects to support new initiatives
- Complying compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Communication: Good verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Literacy: Good verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate:Detail conscious, follows instructions at speed
- PC astute: Sound keyboard skills and pc appreciation
- Open: Demonstrates effective and timely communication
- Flexible:Reacts positively to new ideas and suggestions, undertakes variety of tasks
- Responsive:Identifies potential problems, works with urgency and speed to meet deadlines
- Professional:Works to high performance, conduct and behaviour standards
- Committed:Displays company values and works to achieve agreed service standards
Gorkana is the market leader in global media intelligence. We connect brand owners and organisations to critical information and insight to help them control and manage their reputation across all media platforms. In today’s fast-paced media landscape, Gorkana's unique blend of smart technology and bright analysts give our clients a clear competitive advantage.
Gorkana is owned by Cision, a leading global media intelligence company headquartered in Chicago.