A very exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 business as an experienced Finance Analyst. The role sits within the core finance function and you will play a key Business Partner to several areas across the business.
Primary responsibilities include delivery of high quality reporting and analysis to the business leaders on financial performance and preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Forecasting on monthly and weekly basis to improve accuracy of information
- Monthly forecasting, adding depth and understanding to our future expectations and improving forecast accuracy.
- Prepare the sales volume forecast model working closely with the Operations Finance team in order to identify the key sales volumes drivers to enable detailed analysis.
- Produce timely and insightful variance analysis commentary.
Deliver monthly cost centre / profit centre analysis that actively challenges the business
- Provide timely and accurate reporting packs
- Host monthly P&L reviews ensuring that controllable costs are managed.
- Build strong relationships internal and external contacts
- Streamline existing processes wherever possible with a focus on the quality of the forecast output to enable business discussions.
- Challenge forecast assumptions and identify key sensitivities, risks and opportunities to the wider business.
- Prepare forecast summary presentations to senior management highlighting key movements.
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA)
- BA/BSc 2:1 or above (or equivalent), and strong academic record
- Excellent experience in providing analysis and insights to business managers in fast paced environment
- Experience with analysis, forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Strong excel skills - working on large and complex data sets
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- You have great negotiation skills
- Professional, "get it done" attitude and work ethic
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting financial information and assessing new business situations