Senior Network Engineer - Global Estate
Senior Network Engineer
London - Permanent
Huntress is working in partnership with an innovative forward thinking software company who deliver into the sports technology industry.
As an engineer you will work hand-in-hand with the development teams and stakeholders to deliver secure, scalable, robust infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include:
- The management, reporting and monitoring of a multi homed BGP estate spanning multiple continents.
- The configuration and maintenance of networking infrastructure appliances from Juniper, Cisco and F5.
- The deployment of solutions and systems that provide visibility, reporting, diagnostics and other analytics on capacity, load and performance.
- The enhancement and operation of our infrastructure including locally hosted, co-located and virtualized servers that must be highly available at all times.
- Support and configuration of Windows and Linux platforms including the deployment of updates across multiple hosts.
- Close collaboration with our development teams to deliver new features and products.
- Investigation and resolution of technical problems reported by internal and external customers.
- At least 4 years' experience of Linux and Network engineering/3rd Line escalation/Architecture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of core technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTPP, HTTP, SNMP and TLS/SSL.
- Experience of managing and configuring the following hardware technologies/systems. F5 BIG-IP / Juniper Junos.
- In depth working knowledge of Layer 3 routing including NAT, SNAT, BGP, OSPF, MPLS.
- In depth working knowledge of Layer 2 switching including STP, LACP, MLAG, VLAN.
- Knowledge of site to site and road warrior VPN technologies such as IPSec, SoftEther and OpenVPN.
- Advanced knowledge of building fault-tolerant systems. Software and Hardware Clustering and Load balancing systems.
- The ability and drive to automate and confident scripting abilities across several languages (for example Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell).
- A solid understanding of Linux technologies: CentOS Apache/Nginx, JBoss, Puppet.
- Experience with advanced system logging and performance monitoring systems - Graylog, Graphite, and Check_MK or Nagios.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.