Finance Manager - Permanent - London (with travel to Glasgow) - £55,000 - £60,000 + car allowance
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Building Consultancy business within Real Estate and Infrastructure division of Capita.
This is a "Hands On" role which provides financial support, management and challenge within the business, enabling Profit Centre Leaders to deliver their monthly Profit Centre reporting in a timely manner. You will challenge the financial reporting and forecasting, help drive growth and improved profitability as well as aiding effective and efficient management of decision making across the business. You will also ensure strong financial controls and procedures are in place, and proactively support the adherence to Capita policies and procedures. Whilst responsible for key profit centres, the role encompasses supporting the Tower in which the Profit centres are situated enhancing the opportunity and scope for career growth.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
Financial Management and MOB Reporting
- Drive monthly Profit Centre reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system (Axiom) whilst ensuring they are stretching but achievable
- Manage production of monthly MOB reports within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Help Profit Centre Leaders drive growth and improved profitability and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI's and other management information and provide challenge thereof
- Carry out regular and timely analysis of staff efficiency and utilisation and liaise with PM's/PCL's regarding outputs/results
- Robust review and challenge of WIP/DI to ensure completion of income but also recoverability
- Support the senior leaders with the production of stretching but achievable annual Business Plan forecasts
- Provide support and challenge to PCL's to ensure prices put forward are validated and benchmarked properly as appropriate, and are therefore realistic but competitive
- Engage in Bid reviews
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks
- Processing of month end journal entries
Working Capital Management
- Facilitate and maintain effective and proactive links between the Central Credit Control team and the operational business and thus ensuring prompt cash collection and dealing with queries and issues arising
- Review and monitoring of WIP/DI values and days at project level, with a view to minimise WIP/DI days and Working Capital levels
- Help shape contracts, ensure timely and accurate set up, capture and maintenance of core project data within SAP/Desktop, including change controls, enabling ongoing correct accounting for same
- Ensuring project income and cost to complete forecasts are challenged, updated and maintained, in liaison with Project Managers and /or Profit Centre Leaders
- Ensuring regular and timely general house-keeping of project data e.g. Project reviews, updating revenue & costs to complete, timesheet processing, timely closure of completed projects
- Regular review and updating of SAP cost rates/charge-out rates, in liaison with Profit Centre Leaders
- Engage in the monthly Project Health Check and Project review process to ensure projects are adequately documented, managed and accounted for
Invoice Processing (Accounts receivable and payable)
- Run exception reports and regularly monitor Work in Progress/Deferred Income and recoverable costs, making sure that income is complete and invoices are raised and issued accurately and on timely basis
- Ensuring timely processing and appropriate approvals of supplier invoices as well as prompt actions around dealing with queries relating to Supplier invoices
- Provide financial support, guidance and training to Profit Centre Leaders/Project Managers
- Support implementing Best Practise and standard systems, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with Capita Policies and proactively strive for continuous improvement
- Assistance with production of monthly Management Information and ad hoc reports
- Professional Accountancy qualification - CIMA/ACCA etc.
- Work unsupervised using own initiative
- Excellent Project Accounting experience
- Attention to detail but also able to see the "bigger picture"
- Excellent communication skills, "Hands On" ability to liaise with non-finance staff
- Building Consultancy experience
- Use of SAP and Axiom (forecasts)
- Microsoft Office experience including excellent Excel skills
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.