VAT Accountant - Lloyd's Insurer - £55,000 - EXCLUSIVE
- Accurate preparation and timely filing of all UK and overseas indirect tax returns on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required, and any relevant payments
- Responsible for overseeing the correct indirect tax entries in the P&L and Balance Sheet of the UK company
- Review processes and controls to improve indirect tax compliance
- Prepare indirect tax documentation for SAO requirements
- Monitor the company's indirect tax position and ensure compliance with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations.
- Interact with HMRC, external Auditors, advisers and other stakeholders in relation to indirect tax matters
- Assist with tax projects, planning, ad-hoc research and advice to the business
- Ensure rate changes are reflected, reported and communicated to the business
- Ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time.
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CTA) with indirect tax experience
- Strong data analysis and data extract capabilities, in particular Advanced Excel skills, use of pivot tables etc.
- Financial services experience is preferred but not essential - however a working knowledge of VAT partial exemption is required