Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the world's leading knowledge providers who specialise in creating and delivering information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise.
A fantastic position has arisen for a Business Development Manager to work alongside the Business Development Director, where you will sell sponsorship and exhibition space onto a £2.5 million portfolio of B2B events within the mobile network sector, which take place across the UK, US, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with portfolio needs and personal targets, building and maintaining a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Developing key accounts and existing client relationships, identifying and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process, providing innovative solutions
- Business partnering effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production teams to ensure accurate delivery of client/event requirements
- Building a thorough understanding of the global mobile network market, clients and competitors
- Attending key telecoms and competitor events
- 2 - 4 years' experience in sponsorship and/or exhibition sales
- Demonstrating a consultative sales process in handling complex briefs, responding with considered and creative solutions
- Undertaking mapping exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape
- Engaging with stakeholders at a senior level, comfortable in cross/up selling to both acquire new business and grow existing accounts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems, having lead and encouraged team members to protect and maintain the integrity of the system