Reporting to the Collections Manager, this credit controller position is a member of the Credit & Collections team who are responsible for driving continuous process and performance improvements for company debtor's ledger which is in excess of £5m, from approximately 10,000 live customer accounts, covering both distributors and end users.
The Credit Controller duties:
- Take full ownership of and responsibility for a portfolio of customers, managing the full collection cycle including payment plans, stop supplies, dispute management and ensuring customer accounts are fully reconciled
- Apply time management techniques to ensure daily activities are achieved, improving own performance which is aligned to achieving the team goals and targets
- Ensure activities are targeted at maximising cash collection and reducing overdue debt
- Work with cross functions and account managers within the business to ensure invoice disputes are proactively recorded and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure the day to day activities conform to company policies and internal control procedures
- Ensure all activities are performed, including reporting and business reviews in line with service level agreements and the month end timetable
- Provide information on customers within own debtor portfolio, to support the credit assessment process
- Ensure timely escalation of issues that may impact performance and debtor results
If you think this credit controller position based in London is for you and you want to work in a FMCG (Retail) company, apply now!!