Data Integration Architect - Hammersmith
Job; Data Integration Architect - Hammersmith
This company is an award-winning data consultancy. They design and engineer solutions and platforms to help customers improve the way they find, access and use data.
They are looking for an experienced Data Integration Architect to be responsible for overall design of data integration architecture for their client engagements involving Data Integration, Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics. This will include definition of standards, policies and procedures, application of standards to projects / applications and building of an artifact library for reference by development teams. Through this activity, their Data Integration Architect will enable consistent, streamlined data acquisition, environment optimization, faster time-to-market for data integration projects and compliance with applicable regulations and security standards.
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models, identifying their organisation’s key data suppliers and consumers and defining data supply agreements
- Develop a master data management strategy that defines processes for cleansing data, harmonising data attributes and ensures completeness, consistency and integrity of master data
- Define governance processes to maintain robust data, to include business as usual processes to identify and fix data inconsistencies and to provide feedback to data suppliers to continuously improve data production processes and related outputs
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross-system integration, interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise view of client’s (in scope) data needs
- Defining development standards and best practices. Ensures they are in line with tool’s and/or industry’s technical architecture standards, best practices and policies.
- Aligning with architecture and development teams to execute and implement agreed-upon standards, best practices and policies.
- Lead business subject matter experts through identification and definition of forecasting projects data issues, documenting results of analysis
- Conduct data model reviews with client business subject matter experts
- Identify data requirements and related KPIs, metrics, etc; perform and document data source gap analysis
- Work with client teams and other suppliers to define database / data warehousing requirements and data interfaces
- Work with client teams to design datawarehouse and datamart structures
- Liaise with peer architects and leverage best practices across architecture areas
- Training and educating both colleagues and customers on architecture, solution design patterns, standards and best practices.
- Mentor and develop junior architects. Help in spreading architecture culture and mindset across teams.
Skills & Experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ consulting background with regular and direct customer interaction in data integration, business intelligence and information services.
- 3+ years’ experience in the architecture space.
- Understanding of traditional and modern data management disciplines.
- Understanding of enterprise data warehouse and data marts.
- Experience architecting complex data integration solutions and knowledge of major data integration patterns.
- Experience architecting data integration solutions involving Big Data and Hadoop.
- Demonstrated experience with Talend suite of data integration, data quality and other ETL-related solutions.
- Experience architecting solutions with Mule platform is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with database management solutions. AWS Redshift or Snowflake preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with, or understanding of, data modeling techniques including both OLTP and dimensional modeling.
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do programming, if required, to demonstrate new approaches, build reusable components, conduct POCs etc.
- Experience in setup and maintenance of Centre Of Excellence for Data Integration is a plus
- Understanding of the public sector / government is a plus.
- £’s; fully D.O.E up to approx. £90k (neg.),
- Location; London Hammersmith (W6),
- Benefits; 25 days holiday, Pension 3%, BUPA Medical Insurance, Life Assurance 2 x salary, performance related bonus structure,
- Interested? Please send CV (preferably as a Word doc as opposed to PDF),
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? -Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
Please note you will need to comply with Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) to be offered this role. In addition, you may have or may be sponsored for Security Clearance (SC). As such applicants MUST have the legal right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK continuously for the last five years.
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; data architect architecture integration patterns big data Hadoop Talend ETL mule AWS redshift snowflake OLTP dimensional modelling data warehouse data warehousing datamart London Hammersmith government public council client customer