Deputy Facilities Manager - School
Job Title: Deputy Facilities Manager
Location: Dulwich, South London
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 4pm on 21st July 2017
The College is an independent boys' school situated in a beautiful 70 acre campus just 11 minutes by train from London Victoria.
A Deputy Facilities Manager is required to work as part of an in-house management team to provide an efficient, customer focused service.
The Deputy Facilities Manager is to work as part of an established in-house team to deliver a first class customer focused service. They will lead a team of Site Officers offering a range of services to support the teaching and learning of students as well as all additional events occurring at the College. Maintaining a safe and secure work and study environment is critical and as such a practical application of compliance procedures is key. The Facilities Department is the first point of contact for many visitors to the College and as such taking pride in the level of customer service on offer at any stage in the service delivery is important.
Lead in offering a first class, professional and friendly service to colleagues ranging across a variety of Facilities soft services: Security, Fire, Portering, Event set up and set down and Visitor Management.
Support the Facilities Manager in the operational management of these areas of responsibility as well as delivering administrative processes, procedure and records to reflect the high standards of the College and the need to demonstrate compliance in the following areas, but not limited to: Fire Safety, Security, Health and Safety, Accessibility and Safeguarding.
Line manage; Site Officer Team Leaders x 3, Site Officers x 13, Control Room Administrator x 1.
- Good general education; numerate and literate
- Relevant Health and Safety qualification
- Experience of working in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Experience of working with, leading and managing a diverse team of individuals.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Experience of managing fire and security systems
- Experience of using a 'helpdesk' type of workflow system to manage customer requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate: Word, Excel, Visio, CAFM, Helpdesk software.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise resource allocation appropriately.
- Able to manage priorities and assess risks in a structured way.
- Able to act on own initiative but also comfortable as a part of a larger management team.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised from own initiative.
- An effective manager who is capable of judging when appropriate to delegate to their staff.
- 40 hours per week, all year round, working 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Tuesday to Saturday, with an hour's unpaid lunch break.
- 28 days per annum, including bank holidays. Entitlement will increase by 5 days after completion of 5 years' service. Holidays to be taken at any time throughout the year with prior consent of line Manager.
- Membership of the Dulwich College Sports Club. Defined contribution pension scheme. A free meal is available once per shift when the cafeteria is open.
The offer of this position will be subject to a successful DBS Check in line with relevant safeguarding and employment legislation. The college is dedicated to the safeguarding of their pupils and staff. The school recognises the positive value of inclusion, promotes equality, and challenges discrimination. They welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the Application Form.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Facilities Advisor, Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Consultant, Facilities Manager, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinator, Office Manager, Office Coordinator, Estates Manager, Facilities Manager, Estates Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Groundsperson, Groundskeeper, Grounds Keeper, Caretaker, Carpentry, Carpenter, Trades, Tradesperson will be considered for this role.