Technology Procurement Manager
Technology Procurement Manager
My client, a global powerhouse within the media and publishing industry, is looking for a Technology Procurement Manager to join their team in Central London on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will manage technology procurement and contracts across 11 markets and cover the breadth of technical functions including digital (customer facing sites/apps), business applications, infrastructure and back office systems.
While the main focus of this role will be technology procurement, you will be working within a cross-functional department, which also incorporates editorial and commercial functions. Your focus will primarily be technology procurement. But my client would be particularly interested in candidates who can bring other relevant experience to the role.
To be successful within this position, you should have experience of setting up a procurement function to manage technology procurement, ideally within an international organisation. You will establish procurement strategies, policy and process to deliver best value and efficient procurement. In addition, you will manage tenders for new services through to contract signature, contract renewal and ongoing contract management. This is a very exciting time to join the team as they consolidate and transform their technology estate.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement technology procurement strategies across 11 markets.
- Undertake and manage procurement process including supplier analysis, issue of tender, assessment, contract placement and contract management.
- Support technology and digital stakeholders in their procurement requirements from identification of business need through to contract signature.
- Lead commercial negotiations with relevant vendors to ensure that my client receives best value at the required service levels.
- Manage global enterprise contracts with vendors including Adobe, Microsoft, AWS and Salesforce.
- Establish, rationalise and manage preferred vendors. Build strong relationships with key/preferred vendors.
- Contract review of key services/vendors to ensure the best commercial deal and terms.
- Manage external commercial benchmarking of significant areas of technology expenditure.
- Establish and maintain the contract renewal schedule and ensure timely review of contract renewals with stakeholders and vendors.
- Design processes for reporting on the technology procurement and provide regular reports to key stakeholders, including forecast of spend.
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation & management of contracts with technology and digital stakeholders.
- Regular risk assessment and analysis of contracted vendors. Identify and research new vendors as required.
- Stay informed on the latest business trends and regulations for the benefit of the business. Provide market intelligence and sector information.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience establishing a technology procurement department.
- Experience running end-to-end procurement processes including tender for new services.
- Experience dealing with enterprise vendors such as Google, MS, Adobe, and with SME vendors.
- Experience of software, digital, cloud infrastructure, hardware and telecoms procurement.
- Good financial analysis skills and budget understanding.
- A good working knowledge of contract law and experience working on international contracts.
- CIPS qualified
- Vendor & stakeholder management.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, commercial acumen, communication and presentation skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to communicate in a second language desirable.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.