Commissioning Engineer: Fire Alarm
Location: The job is based from home and sites across London
Salary: £30k + Overtime
(Salary is based on a set hours working day with overtime paid on any hours worked above the agreed working day plus travelling time).
Due to the expansion of the New Systems Division project the project delivery team in London and the South East are hiring a Commissioning Engineer to work alongside the Project Manager.
It is intended that this role will ultimately lead onto a project engineering position and therefore prospective candidates should be both willing to learn and ambitious to develop a long term career in this area. We believe this role would be particularly suited to talented and accomplished commissioning engineers with a broad depth of experience with various systems including Gent.
The new role of Commissioning Engineer is ultimately to assist the Project Manager to deliver new build installation projects. Your objective is to do this on time, on budget and most importantly to the customers total satisfaction.
On the direction of the project manager the commissioning engineer will be involved with:
Pre-commissioning Commissioning & Handover
Key Attributes and Abilities
- Expertise with electronic life safety systems including fire detection and alarms, communications systems and PAVA.
- A good understanding of the application of BS5839 (all parts)
- A good understanding of the principles of fire protected installations.
- Good communication skills
- Computer Literate
- A strong work ethic, ambitious and ultimately honest and reliable.
- Experience using GENT, ADVANCE, APOLLO & HOCHIKI
- Excellent career development opportunity
- The chance to work with a wide and varied client base on interesting projects
- A competitive salary in line with experience and potential
- Company Car
- All the usual communications devices and laptop
- Private medical cover available
- 20 Holiday days plus statutory and additional days for Christmas.