I'm currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer for a mobile position with a company based in London and the South East. This is a rare opportunity to join a team of professional Engineers within their Technical Services, Mechanical & Electrical department. This important position will provide the successful candidate a real opportunity to make a difference; further developing the company standards regarding excellence, in an environment that embraces improvement.
You will manage a workload of projects for new and existing buildings, both designing and instructing requirements; you will be responsible for liaising with each area of the business as well as external professionals to identify continual improvement methods and enable effective scheme commissioning and handover to ensure that each property meets stringent standards with documentation for health and safety files and operation and maintenance manuals agreed as finalised.
You will work closely with all other members of the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Team as well as our in-house Energy Team to ensure that all building services meet business requirements and are continually monitored relating operational efficiency to design targets and cost plans. You will be responsible for recommending methods of optimising systems to enable effective seasonal efficiency and provide regular reports highlighting performance. My client will consider candidates from both Commerical and Domestic backgrounds for this position.
Essential skill requirements:
- A degree or the equivalent level of experience in a relevant subject area - e.g Mechanical Building Services Engineering.
- Full understanding of design and design processes.
- Extensive experience of the requirements for commissioning communal and district heating systems incorporating, gas boilers, CHP units, biomass boilers, building management systems and metering systems.
- Experience of working with M&E contractors and managing third parties during the commissioning process.
- Extensive knowledge of CIBSE, BSRIA and RIBA codes and standards, and of all relevant legislation, including CDM2015.
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving.