Plant Machinery Engineer MEWP's, Aerial Platforms, Hydraulics
Cordant Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading Plant / Off Highway Machinery manufacturing & maintenance business, recruiting for an experienced Plant Machinery Engineer (MEWP's, Aerial Platforms, Hydraulics)Plant Machinery Engineers (MEWP's, Aerial Platforms, Hydraulics) to join their dedicated Engineering / Maintenance team
Workshop & Field based roles are available due to continued expansion
Our client manufacturers, maintains & repairs vehicle mounted aerial working platforms supplying companies & individuals nationwide
Our client manufacturers, maintains & repairs plant machinery, vehicle mounted aerial working platforms, telehandlers & more, supplying companies & individuals nationwide
This role would suit an individual within a Supervisory, Foreman or Manager role from within a Aerial Platforms business vehicle mounted or mobile working platforms (Scissor lifts, Hydraulic Booms, Spiders, Genies), Forklifts, MHE, Agricultural, Off Highway, Plant, Construction, Specialist Machinery industry sectors
Plant Machinery Engineer (MEWP's, Aerial Platforms, Hydraulics)Plant Machinery Engineers (MEWP's, Aerial Platforms, Hydraulics)
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for performing maintenance to all MEWP's / AWP's / Telehandlers & other Plant Machinery, in a safe and professional manner.
Organisational Structure: Reports to the Depot Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adhere to best practice safety procedures;
- Carryout the Diagnostics, preventive and routine maintenance, as well as fault finding, trouble shooting, and breakdowns on all equipment in the rental and sales fleet;
- Complete Issue activity reports on faults and the parts, labours and time taken to complete the task;
- Complete the Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as AWP wiring and associated components;
- Preparation of all new rental/sales equipment pre-delivery;
- Perform checks on all vehicle mounted AWP equipment before and after use for damage, hours used, tires, mileage, fuel levels, safety decals and safety compliance;
- Using Calibration equipment using electronic aids, procedures and programmable controllers;
- Dismantling of machines, vehicles & devices to gain access to and remove defective parts;
- Carrying out the Inspection of all used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements;
- Repairing & replacing all defective parts & components;
- Installation of special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment;
- Carry out the testing of machinery to ensure quality of performance
- You will be a time served Workshop or Field based Engineer
- National vocational qualification in engineering; mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatic etc..
- Experience in maintaining and/or repairing; construction machinery, plant machinery, off highway machinery, cranes, lifting equipment, access platforms or similar equipment; plant machinery, construction machinery, specialist machinery, off highway machinery, forklifts, MHE, scissor lifts, hydraulic booms, cherry pickers etc...
- Thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment, and procedures;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Drivers license
- Quick learner, eager to learn and develop.
- IPAF license would be beneficial
Company & Employee Benefits:
- 28 Days Holiday
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Interviews for this role are to take place immediately, with an immediate start for the right calibre of candidate/s
If you have worked on vehicle mounted aerial platforms, scissor lifts, hydraulic booms, genies, spiders, construction, plant, specialist machinery, MHE, forklift, agricultural, municipal or similar then this could be an ideal role for you to transfer your skills into
Ideally you will reside within; Crawley, Croydon, Bromley, Epsom, Windsor, Woking, Horsham or Central London
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.