Customer Development Manager - London - £70k Plus Bonus
Customer Development Manager
£70k Plus Bonus
Our global client is dedicated to ensuring their clients get the top talent in the marketplace, and strive to create an excellent candidate experience to help people get hired. To maintain their position as industry leader, our client has professional and dedicated staff, committed to helping both their clients and candidates have the best experience.
Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for expanding the footprint of our global client's products and services into the customer base. The CDM will work with Relationship Managers to identify revenue growth/upsell opportunities and manage to close.
- Responsible for forecasting and meeting assigned quotas by creating and driving a pipeline of opportunities for new solutions within our client's customer base
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative relationship with the clients by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry
- Determines the best opportunities for profitable growth of a specialised product area in conjunction with Relationship Managers and targeted accounts
- Qualify opportunities and develop the value proposition, financial use case and overall success criteria for the product's deployment in a targeted account
- Engages with key client contacts to qualify opportunities, coordinate with Relationship Management and Product Management and SMEs to deliver the proposed solution, secure the contractual agreement and facilitate transition to implementation
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position products and services
- Use pre-sales and other resources to seek out new opportunities to drive and close sales revenue
- Review customer needs with product management to provide direction to our roadmap
- Timely and accurately updating of CRM system
- Strong ability to deliver and negotiate contracts to senior levels
- Orchestrate site visits and customer meetings
- May invest time working with external partners to leverage their relationships
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Human Capital Management (HCM) products and services
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate with and influence people not under direct control
- Create and effectively communicate solutions to challenges or visions that a client may need and/or share
- Closing the sale - opportunity forecasting, gaining customer commitment to use products or services. Include "asking for the business", securing client commitments, and showing assertiveness and professionalism in negotiations.
- Problem Solving - Listens to complex challenges and logically works through the root causes.
- Solutions focused: developing solutions to client problems, developing effective benefit selling statements, and demonstrating new products and processes
- 5-8 years in account management or sales role, preferably to HR/HR Technology Services or Risk Management/Compliance Executives
- Demonstrated success in expanding footprint in customer base
- Demonstrated solution selling and consultative selling approach
- Experience selling to large multi-national and global customers
- Experience developing and delivering professional presentations