Head Chef - Pub / Restaurant
HEAD CHEF REQUIRED - MULTI FUNCTIONAL PUB VENUE - LARGE, OLD STYLE BUILDING - FRESH FOOD MENU - BAR & SEPERATE RESTAURANT - CIRCA £35K SALATRY + BENEFITS
This classic old venue that has been converted into a large, open plan bar and restaurant is a highly popular venue situated in the Leyton area of London.
Part of a well established, growing group of eclectic pubs, this site offers both a bar menu and a main a'la carte menu for the restaurant area, offering the Head Chef the opportunity to provide a more creative input into the menu choices on offer for diners, as Head Chef you will:
- Oversee all food aspects for the venue, currently generating approximately £6,000 per week on the food aspect
- Work closely and develop your brigade, currently with 4 chefs and 2 Kitchen Porters under your responsibility
- Create new vibrant menus for both bar and the 60 cover restaurant
- Be part of the on-site management team, working closely with the General Manager
- Deal with suppliers, ensuring good controls on budgets and P&L accounts, keeping wastage and losses to a minimum
- Recruit and train new team members as required
This group have a number of different style venues in their portfolio, offering excellent opportunities for career development and growth, as Head Chef they are ideally looking for someone who:
- Has gained experience running a brigade in either a Head Chef or Sous Chef capacity
- Has a good understanding of cost controls and budgets
- Can write and cost a menu, delivering exciting dishes that are in keeping with the style of the venue
- Is well organised, able to plan in advance and respond to the needs of the guests
- Has gained some function and event experience (not essential)
This is a great opportunity to join a growing group and will allow you the opportunity to create exciting, seasonal dishes.
In return for your hard work there is a starting salary of up to £36,000 plus a range of additional company benefits.
We value all applications, however, due to volume numbers we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. In line with the requirements of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 we are prohibited from charging work-seekers for work finding services.