Data Scientist - London Tech Hub
£60,000 - £80,000 + Benefits
This is an opportunity to join a leading UK insurer as a senior Data Scientist in their London office tech hub. The role will see you leading the delivery of insight derived from customer data in their new global division. You will be joining a team with a start-up feel to it, working closely with Insight Directors to develop customer strategy for the business. Key parts of your job will be to utilise machine learning techniques to harness the value in massive sets of data.
You will be joining a team with a start-up feel to it, working closely with Director-level managers to develop customer strategy for the business. Key parts of your job will be to utilise machine learning techniques to harness the value in massive sets of data.
There will be an exploratory element to your role and you will have the freedom to pursue R&D projects.
As a senior Data Scientist you will be:
- Utilising machine learning techniques to deliver insights
- Delivering commercially viable projects for the business from conception through to completion
- Carrying out existing projects in relation to competitor analysis/intelligence, the profitability of new products, fraud detection and customer insight.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
To be considered for this position you must have the following:
- Hands-on experience with machine learning
- Experience using R or Python
- Masters degree qualification in a numerate degree
- The ability to communicate analysis and technical projects clearly and concisely.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your details using the Apply button on this page. For further details about similar roles please contact Nick Mandella at Harnham.
R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, SQL, Modelling, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Development, Algorithm, Data Scientist, Data Science, Big Data, mySQL, noSQL, Insight, Customer lifetime value models, retention, churn, cross sell, up sell, stakeholder management.