Financial Planner- Merchandising
At QVC we know what we’re doing, we’ve been doing it really well for twenty years.
Our customers trust us and we get closer to them than other retailers. We understand them, we look after them.
We are looking for a Merchandise Financial Planner to join our team in Chiswick.
It’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding. Just look around our business and it’s easy to see why. You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we’re online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps. We sell big name brands for everything from Elemis to Bose, Giles Deacon to Dyson.
Our business isn’t like any other business and you’ll love our people - we’re a friendly bunch.
Reporting to the Director of BP&A UK, you will support the business by creating and consolidating our Commercial Financial Budget and Forecasts as well as providing strategic analysis & guidance to increase business performance and efficiency.
In this role, we are looking for someone who can;
- Build relationships & work directly with the commercial teams to deliver considered category/platform neutral Commercial Budgets, as well as independent short, medium and long-range Forecasts.
- Drive Commercial focus on delivering Budget & beyond by providing analysis and strategic support to optimise Sales, Margin and Inventory efficiency.
- Routinely communicate strategy and performance analysis to Senior Management (to executive level), and recommended actions.
- Support the Category Merchandisers to do deep dive analysis, planning and forecasting to provide an informed and holistic view of the business.
- Involves substantial business, merchandise and operational knowledge to combine information from across QVC to both challenge and support strategic goals of the organisation.
To be truly great in this role you will be:
- Forward thinker with the ability to direct and motivate strategic change at peer level and above.
- Significant experience within a Retail Head Office environment - strong understanding of the Merchandising process, including using an 'Open To Buy’ or equivalent to track expectations and manage purchasing & inventory
- Solid Business acumen alongside Technical expertise to ensure full understanding of internal & external customers’ goals and perspectives - and to set clear requirements for support
- Expertise in modelling and report design using Microsoft Office tools, including the ability to leverage advanced functionality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations, express opinions and influence up to Senior Management and Executive level.
- Strong problem solving skills and a strategic focus in order that ideas are transformed into reality.
- Degree in Business or Technical discipline or equivalent experience.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better.