Service Desk Manager
Your new role
As the Service Desk Manager you will be leading the networking Service Desk team during your shift and be responsible for ensuring the team maintains, manages and handles client requests. The team will comprise of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Network Engineers troubleshooting a variety of networking related issues for our business customers.
Due to progression within the team we have this exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation that takes PRIDE in our culture and one team spirit.
Some of your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
- Leading the Service Desk team ensuring all tasks and duties are completed during your shift
- Managing the Exponential-e incident/change queue and driving resolution during your shift
- Responsible for ensuring incidents/changes are progressed and updated accordingly during your shift
- Working as an escalation point for incidents and changes
- Troubleshooting customer technical faults and driving fault resolution
- Identifying training requirements for the Service Desk team and reporting back to management
- Feeding back to the Service Desk Manager in regards to staff and performance
Shift pattern: 2 days on (7am - 7pm), 2 nights on (7pm - 7am), 4 days off
What you’ll need to succeed
At Exponential-e we each have a personal responsibility in delivering excellence. To undertake the role of Service Desk Manager you must have ambition to be the best you can be. You will ideally have sufficient experience in leading a team within a Service Desk or NOC environment.
Competencies required for this role include and are not restricted to:
- Experience working as a Team Leader/Duty Manager within a technical support environment
- Understanding of ITIL process, incident management, change management and problem management
- Experience of working to strict SLA's
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Dynamic personality with desire to own problems through to resolution
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work lead team with little supervision using own initiative
- Strong customer service focus
As a Service Desk Manager you must be confident in making decisions and finding solutions. As a company we are constantly striving for world class status by challenging the status quo to deliver competitive advantage.
What you’ll get in return
The role of a Service Desk Manager is filled with learning and development opportunities for an ambitious individual moving forward in their career.
The salary range on offer is £35,000-£45,000 + 10% shift allowance dependant on experience. Benefits you will receive include pension, 23 days annual leave, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans, local gym discounts, and vitality health cover. You will be supported by an excellent manager, part of a very friendly team, within a company striving to achieve world class status. This is an exciting role for any ambitious Service Desk Manager out there.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you!