Senior Financial Accountant
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager the Senior Financial Accountant will prepare the consolidated statutory financial statements for the group under IFRS and subject to any specific shareholder requirements, within strict timelines.
- Prepare the individual statutory financial statements for the subsidiaries under FRS101 with strict timelines;
- Liaise with auditors on day to day basis during all audits;
- Review changes in accounting standards and assess impact on group reporting;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for specified accounts (e.g. tangible fixed assets, development costs, intercompany, finance leases, loan finance, capitalised borrowing costs);
- Prepare and submit any external reporting such as Office of National Statistics;
- Supporting finance team with any requests from stakeholders and finance providers;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with ACA or ACCA qualification;
- Relevant Financial Reporting experience including preparation of statutory accounts from ETB data, validating disclosure and verifying compliance to accounting policies;
- Up to date IFRS & UK GAAP knowledge;
- Experience of preparing high quality balance sheet reconciliations, identifying and following up unusual transactions;
- Advanced MS Excel and Word user;
Candidates directly from TOP 10 firms are encouraged to apply.