- Resolving sales errors during the month and reconciling the sales ledger at month-end
- Updating SKU / product costs in E1 (general ledger system) and Siebel (sales management system) through interaction with Pre-Production team
- Processing intercompany recharges and reconciling intercompany accounts
- Posting monthly allocations, which will require building effective relationships with the Marketing department
- Reviewing expected cost centre spend and comparing to actuals to identify potential errors or miscodings
- Providing detailed variance analysis for all central and overhead costs
- Using sound judgment to estimate month-end overhead accruals, gather supporting information and posting appropriate journals
- Reconciling relevant balance sheet accounts after each month end.
- Preparing these reconciliations monthly to auditable standards including variances YOY, MOM and ageing.
- Ensuring that prepaid and accrued marketing costs are accurate in the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Supporting the preparation of quarterly VAT return, and providing information for annual statutory audit and other compliance / participation audits as required
- Cash flow forecasting
- Producing monthly financials.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness with regards to revenues and costs in the specified period.
- Being proactive in identifying inefficiencies in all processes, communicating impacts and proposing solutions to automate and improve.
- Helping to ensure all accounting is in line with company policies and procedures
- Involvement in self-testing for quarterly and annual SOX processes
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT) AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Part qualified Management Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Technical competence in finance systems
- Demonstrable industry experience, preferably within a media environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs)
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise tasks
- Experience of working with outsourced AR teams
- Experience of dealing with a US parent company
- Experience using JD Edwards Enterprise One (E1), Hyperion
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to implement change and drive continuous improvement
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive, strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
- Finance and Commercial Planning teams
- Finance teams in other territories
- External / internal auditors
- Accounts receivable (Cap Gemini)