Account Executive Communications Consultancy London
Our client is a communications consultancy that helps their clients achieve their in objectives in a strategic and integrated way across the whole of the UK. They offer full support with events training digital and creative media production.
This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £19k.
Key responsibilities of the role:
You will be responsible for assisting the day to day account execution and administration which will include escalating any relevant decisions to the Account Manager as appropriate and carrying out all support tasks to support the strategies for clients.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the writing of coherent and factually accurate press releases.
- Collating the transport and planning information on a daily basis
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed; in particular those relevant to planning and transport.
- To develop product knowledge on a daily basis on all relevant public affairs information, researching and collating any data of relevance.
- Producing internal copy for reports, newsletters, company website, intranet and social media, internal briefings and twitter where directed.
- Developing and understanding of how to approach building relationships with journalists.
- Managing the process of press release distribution as directed.
- Helping to sell items into the media as and when directed.
- Running programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions, sampling offers, free for every reader etc.
- Assisting in the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc.
- Assist in the preparation for presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches.
- Liaise with a small portfolio of clients at a junior level, building relationships and networking.
- Undertake media and administration research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required.
- Assisting the Account Manager in writing all day to day written material for the client, including press releases, features, statements, Q&A’s, speeches, presentations etc.
- Support the Account Manager on their more senior accounts within the London division.
- Assist the Account Manager to help develop proposals for new business.
- Attend relevant networking events with and/or for clients as appropriate.
- Identify or signpost opportunities to sell other services, to the Director where appropriate.
- Work with clients to use social media mechanisms such as “twitter” and “Facebook” to enhance their PR and public affairs profile.
- Ensure quality assurance is embedded within any work, pitches, reports, presentations undertaken.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- Adhere to the company Health and Safety policy and Equality and Diversity; also comply with all HR policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Educated to degree, preferably in PR/Journalism/English or a related subject.
- Experience working as an Account Executive in a similar PR role within an agency environment is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of marketing disciplines
- Knowledge of up to date social media sites and how to implement relevant social media strategies
- Experience of attending pitches and new business presentations
- Strong writing, planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to cultivate excellent relationships with journalists and media partners.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within an organisation.
- Good pitch and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage partnerships and stakeholders effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to use initiative.