Web Developer IT Recruitment £25K London
Our client is a young but rapidly growing incubator and recruitment business. They specialise in placing best talent into technical roles for start-ups in the Shoreditch triangle. They are an innovative technology incubator by helping start-ups get off the ground through investment as well as continuous training. They have clients worldwide including Kayak in Berlin, Bizzby in London, Optiver in Chicago and have recently expanded into Dubai after establishing contacts with Namshi, Dubizzle and Souq.com.
This is a 3month paid internship offering up to £25K pro rata depending on your level of skills and experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing great code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you
- Creating a beautiful and functional web application which will be used by clients from every industry you can imagine.
- Liaising with the Senior Developer, Product Manager and company Directors on a daily basis.
- Researching and continually developing your understanding of the needs of the application and where we can improve.
- Analysing the usage of the system, doing usability tests, measuring results, keeping up-to-date on current market trends, listening to feedback from users and whatever else needs be to done to make the product increasingly successful.
- Demoing cool new stuff & celebrating successes with your team.
- Becoming better at what you do every day.
What are your key candidate requirements for the role?
You will be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our product, ensuring great user experience.
- A Computer Science Degree (or similar).
- Eager to learn and use new technologies to fulfil the requirements of innovative features.
- Experience/knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Node.js and Ember.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience with Elastic Search and MongoDB is a plus.
- Semantic UI experience is a plus
What are the perks of working for your company?
You will be joining a young team in the heart of the Silicon Roundabout, the hub of London’s tech scene. A small team you will be given autonomy to realise and achieve your own work objectives and drive your own progress. The role is diverse and you will be frequently working on developing different areas within the business.