Accounts Assistant required for a growing retail business based in Farnham. This is a permanent opportunity reporting directly to the Finance and Admin Director providing accounting support across the business.
About The Role
This role will work in conjunction with all areas of the business, acting as the main point of contact for all finance queries. You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Reconciling customer and supplier invoices on a weekly and monthly basis
- Register supplier invoices and distribute to management for authorisation
- Processing accounts payable invoices including expenses claims
- Work closely with credit control to resolve discrepancies, queries and assist in chasing outstanding payments
- Manage VAT returns with direct line manager
- You will be required to carry out some ad hoc office assistant duties including, reception and facilities support and assisting in planning the company’s charity event.
You will be a competent accounts assistant who has experience within an accounts function. You will have good working knowledge of purchase ledger and sales ledger coupled with general office administration skills.
Things You Should Know
Commutable from: Aldershot, Alton, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Cobham, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Portsmouth.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)