IT Support Apprentice - Central London £13,000
The role is ideal for someone looking for their first job in IT or looking to gain further experience working in a corporate IT Team. Working with the existing helpdesk team to offer 1st line support over the telephone or on-site.
Supporting staff across multiple platforms (PC/Laptop/Tablet/Smart Phones) in a predominantly Windows environment, the successful candidate will have the interpersonal skills to work with the current team and have the confidence to handle incidents from the CEO down.
We can provide the successful candidate a great platform to learn, with the potential for further certifiable training available to give them the tools and real-world experience to succeed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Logging incidents and service requests;
- Investigation and resolution (first time fix) of common desktop issues (e.g. printing issues, account lockouts, etc.);
- Documenting new fixes and workarounds and ensure these are added to the Knowledge Base;
- Admin Tasks e.g. create new users, action leavers, IT Procurement;
- Upgrade and configure system software;
- Reporting to 1st/2nd Line Support when necessary;
- Use diagnostic tools to carry out non-routine diagnoses;
- Analyse information to diagnose faults using a range of approaches;
- Rectifying identified faults;
- Working with engineers to configure and apply specified security tools to identify and prevent breaches of security;
- Communicate effectively with customers to enable correct technical advice and guidance to be provided using email, telephone, face to face and remote support tools;
- Follow organisational procedures for providing both proactive and reactive technical advice and guidance;
- Liaise with external technicians and suppliers when necessary;
- Any other duties as required.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
- Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Keen and willing to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C
- Adhere to our in-house values and culture;
- Team player/collaborative;
- Customer Service oriented;
- Logical, methodical and structured approach;
- Personable, friendly and approachable;
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity;
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- A natural problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Drive for improvement to enhance business and personal credibility.
- Experience working in an office/business environment
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed expenses, as authorised by line manager
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays