Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Payroll Manager in Bury St Edmunds. The role is to manage a large team that deal with the query resolution for a large payroll. This requires an experienced manager who can demonstrate good knowledge of payroll who can use their experience to make changes in the process to prevent errors and queries. This is a strategic role which is focused on shaping the whole payroll function in terms of processes and systems.
- Supervision of the team in relation to resolving call and email queries within agree timescales and provide answers to basic and advanced queries
- Analysis of queries and preparation of
- To contribute to specific project work, specifically in connection with future proofing the function
- Reviewing outputs from the team and making proposals for improvements
- Ability to accurately assess situations, prioritise work and meet deadlines in conjunction with other payroll colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and delivery of customer service with proven experience of dealing with a wide variety of customers on the telephone and in person.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Ensure team capability to answer almost all Payroll queries independently and act as point of escalation and support
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of full end-to-end Payroll process and have 3+ years high-volume Payroll experience ideally with some change implementation. This would be a great role for someone who would like to be more involved in change management rather than just the processing.