To provide project design management and design coordination including managing the design team, sub-contract/supply chain design and to provide design and technical support to the site team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand the clients brief, ER’s, specification and drawings and as far as practicable ensure the project is built accordingly, assisting in the resolution of any ER discrepancies with the commercial team as they arise
- Set up with the Senior document controller the document control and information portals / systems with Document Controller
- Manage the document controller
- Prepare trackers to manage the full D&B build process using the pro-formas from the Intranet
- Assist in the preparation of the Design Responsibility Matrix (DRM)
- Develop the Design Risk Assessment (DRA) and assist in the ongoing Technical Audits
- Produce the information release schedule (IRS) Building and MEP using ACL pro-forma docs and formally agree it with the Design Team
- Compile the Risk Register using the ACL pro forma with the assistance of the design and site team
- Assist in the development of the procurement schedule and be actively involved in the procurement process for all of the packages commencing with the Consultants Appointments
- Chair and manage design team meetings including production and issue of minutes in a timely manner
- Provide value engineering and buildability reviews with technical feedback to the project team
- Manage and track the design development process, using CDCP, RFI protocols, tech subs, etc.
- Understand the full requirements of the CSH and BREEAM and manage the process through our appointed consultants looking for best value design to economically meet code compliance to meet the timer constraints of the project
- Ensure that information release accords with agreed IRS
- Develop sub-contractors and Suppliers design/specs with the design team ensuring that full ER and Statutory compliance is met
- Co-ordinate drawings and check that the drawings comply with the ER’s and Standards
- Ensure the issued information is to the correct standard and is fully detailed within 'For Construction Status’
- Be actively involved with the sampling process including the production of the samples sign off pro-forma
- Be actively involved with site QA particularly at the commencement of a new activity to ensure that we are building to and installing components and details as prescribed in the ER’s. Make arrangements for the suppliers technical / QA staffs to be in attendance so they can sign off the control samples
- Use the ACL Project Completion Matrix to track the design and technical close out of the project
- Assist in the production and collation of the O & M manuals
- We are one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK. We deliver projects up to £160m from multiphase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke hotels.
- There are few companies in today’s construction industry that can provide the same level of in-house capability as Ardmore including in-house mechanical and electrical installation, as well as metalwork and joinery services.
- Groundwork and substructures, super-structures, mechanical and electrical installation, through to envelope and fit-out packages we are able to control and deploy our own staff, equipment and tradespeople efficiently, whilst also providing clients with flexibility and responsiveness.
Unsolicited CVs: in relation to speculative CVs received from providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply.