Communications Analyst- Temporary on going
Currently recruiting a temporary Communications Analyst. Based in Edinburgh City Centre within Financial Services.
Well known Financial Services business.
- In responding to RFPs/RFIs/DDQs and all related questionnaires, to strive to ensure those responses are accurate and engaging. Gathering data, collating supporting material, editing text and drafting bespoke responses, all within deadline.
- To help maintain master text and assist in the appropriate and efficient distribution of that text, quarterly.
- To ensure that the required procedures are followed and met in regard to approvals and audit requirements.
- Where required, write original investment commentary
- To undertake project work as required.
- Along with other team members to record all communications related activity and to help ensure that procedures and processes are adhered to.
Job Specific Competencies
- Articulate, confident, proactive and enthusiastic
- Appetite and ability to develop and grow the role over time
- Extensive prior experience in preparing and completing RFPs/RFIs/DDQs within the investment industry or as an investment writer
- An ability, and willingness, to write text for factual reports and/or investment commentary
- A demonstrable desire to work within a team and to achieve and maintain the highest standards across all forms of communication.
- Evidence of strong verbal and numeracy skills
- Highly detail orientated
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst working under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi task and produce accurate work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to be assured of integrity of data to ensure standards met and compliance with all relevant internal procedures and external requirements.
- Effective verbal communications skills and ability to communicate comfortably at all levels of firm management
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Writing - demonstrable interest and ability. Investment writing preferable.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint - advanced proficiency
- Understanding of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent)
- Approximately 5-10 years background in a related role within an investment firm. (Exceptional candidates with less than 5 years of background will be considered)
- IMC qualified or equivalent evidence of financial and investment understanding and knowledge
- Degree educated or significant experience within investment industry
- Immediately available/ short notice period
- Approximately 5-10 years background in a related role within an investment firm. (Exceptional candidates with less than 5 years background will be considered)