DevOps Engineer / Software Engineer - Python, PHP, MySQL
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Shoreditch, London
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 dependant on experience
Contract: Contract or Permanent
Closing Date: 08/08/2017
Our client is a London digital agency working with a range of corporate, education and government clients. Their projects have connected more than 1.8 million people in 25 countries, and they have received multiple awards and nominations. The company's clients have a positive impact on society. They are now looking for a talented DevOps Engineer with at least 4 years' experience in operating in virtual environments on large scale enterprise projects.
- Manage the methods of deployment (development, testing, production)
- Manage the processes and tools, and any changes to these, required to execute deployments
- Manage the integration systems used to build PBS software products
- Ensure that the software tools used by development team are scalable and failure proof
- Create failure management processes and tools so outages can be handled without a loss of delivery
- Manage issue tracking and agile development tools
- Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
- Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts
- Develop analytical methods and tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes
- Excellent coding and scripting skills with knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Python, PHP.
- Strong experience on Linux environment.
- Experience designing server architectures for heavy traffic PHP and MySQL applications.
- Must have good knowledge of deployment and continous integration technologies such as Travis CI
- Must have good knowledge of version control technologies such as GitHub.
- Knowledge of automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Ability to process re-engineering to a high level
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of MySQL databases Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent collaboration/teamwork skills
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar engineering discipline) or equivalent
Please note that only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above who are eligible to work in the UK will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; DevOps Engineer, Software Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software, Developer, IT Engineer, IT Developer, Senior Developer, Programmer, Lead Developer, Technical Developer, Systems Developer, Software Developer, Software Development, IT Solutions Software Developer will also be considered for this role.