Senior Conference Producer
Role: Senior Conference Producer
Salary: £32,000 + £10-12,000 OTE
Location: Central London
This is an exciting opportunity to join the global leading organiser of conferences in the financial, energy and law industries, that have run events in more than 60 countries. They aim to connect the highest profile delegates with the highest profile speakers and give them the opportunity to exchange ideas, develop new contacts and participate in leading-edge discussions.
Our client are looking for a Senior Conference Producer to grow an already well established trio of finance based conferences, as well as launch two brand new events; all based in Asia. You will have the opportunity to travel across Asia for 7 research trips annually as well as attend all 5 events. This is a great opportunity to put your stamp on launch events and use your expertise to grow successful existing ones.
The Senior Conference Producer will be responsible for:
- Generating new conference topics, exhibiting a deep understanding of what makes a commercially viable conference.
- Undertaking research & analysis to determine the commercial viability of a new conference topic, using new and existing contacts to qualify the idea.
- Collaborating on topic generation, sourcing new ideas and qualifying these with your line manager.
- Show a deep understanding of the nuances of specialist area.
- Schedule time independently of line manager.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the audience of an event. Understand and use multiple marketing techniques including database marketing, social media marketing and content marketing.
- Brief the Logistics Manager to the scale and extent of new events, updating any changes/developments and provide full and accurate information regarding all speakers, sponsors and the schedule of events at the conference.
- Exhibit strong understanding as to why sponsors support events and lead the sales effort (where appropriate) by qualifying strong sponsorship leads in research calls and meetings.
- Prepare and execute year on year growth plans for events within area of specialisation.
The ideal candidate with have experience in:
- Producing commercial conferences, ideally within financial markets.
- Building an extensive list of senior level industry contacts.
- Commercial acumen blending editorially progressive conference content with the commercial expectations of sponsors.
- Product development - the ideal candidate will have produced and launched new conferences.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Working across functions particularly working closely with sponsorship sales.