FM&P Group Assistant Accountant - £40,000 - Global Insurer
Excellent opportunity for a part qualified (pref CIMA) accountant, to join the financial management team of this prominent international insurance/reinsurance organisation.
The successful candidate must have current Insurance experience, excellent excel skills gained within a cost/expenses related role.
Assisting the financial management and planning manager, the purpose of this role will be to provide the board with transparent management information, which will enable them to efficiently manage decision making process that will affect commercial performance.
You will be expected to take ownership and become an SME in the following areas
- Assist with the consolidation of group results for applicable entities ensuring information is made transparent and highlighting key business drivers of results, both UW and expenses.
- Produce the reporting of actual performance against applicable benchmarks, forecasting, budgeting and planning deliveries internally and for the group, and presentation to management.
- All key group and Service Company internal management reporting which includes but is not limited to UW KPI's, group & Service Co board papers & local management information made on request.
- Assist with the UW data quality assurance process, including Annual Accounting Model, including relevant interfaces from source systems to the General Ledgers.
- Expense data quality assurance process, include cost centre structures & allocations and managing effectively all expense systems and ensure changes which match the pace of the business
- Be aware and knowledgeable of key assumptions & decisions inherent in the UW & Expense process.
- Ensure all processes are documented effectively, detailing areas of financial judgement.
- Manage tasks within agreed timetable including booking relevant review meetings with management.
- Critically appraise all processes and assumptions on an ongoing basis with a 'continual improvement outlook' and proactively engage with relevant stakeholders to improve where opportunity exists.
- Assist in other areas of the team where appropriate and any other ad-hoc task as assigned
The Succesful candidate must be a part qualified accountant (pref CIMA), must have current Insurance experience (Cost/expenses) and possess above average excel (V-look ups and pivot tables) experience. For more information please contact ,