Mandarin speaking Accountant, Financial Reporting-Banking
Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Accountant, Financial Reporting-Banking
The Skills You Will Use: ACCA or similar qualification, relevant experience in a banking/finance related environment
Your New Salary: up to £60k + benefits.
Reporting To: Head of Finance with oversight by Senior Financial Controller
Who you will be working for:
Our client is a leading international bank in the City of London.
What You Will be Doing:
As an Accountant in the Finance Function you will help to play a key role in enabling the bank to fulfil its reporting requirements and also have an opportunity to play a significant role in internal projects.
Working in a well-established team, your role will include production of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to Head Office and local internal reports to senior management.
You will undertake duties for more than one entity, providing financial reporting and accounting services to Head Office and producing financial reports and general management information, including:
1. maintenance of books & records;
2. completion of balance sheet and P&L reconciliations; and
3. assisting the accounts payable function and supporting the rest of finance team on ad-hoc reports or projects.
You will also:
• Co-ordinate with Head Office and locally with Head of Finance and other Finance team members on the formulation of key reports to be completed
• Proactively support the planning and production of Head Office and internal reports and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important analysis of results and KPIs and trends
• Work with the Head of Finance and Senior Financial Controller to enhance the quality and efficiency of the production of all financial reporting.
• Improve the analysis to promote understanding of finance and accounting issues by other division heads
• Work closely with the Head of Finance and Senior Financial Controller to develop financial data and reports for business management
• Provide and analyse management information
• Help monitor the capital adequacy, liquidity, large exposures and performance of all entities in London.
• Liaise with the external auditors and assisting in preparing statutory and regulatory financial statements
• Work on other ad hoc projects assigned by CEO, CFO or Head of Finance
The Skills You Need to Succeed:
• Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline
• Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields, preferably in the financial services sector
• Highly competent in producing written reports.
• A strong knowledge of accounting standards and theory, and financial reporting principles
• Knowledge of UK taxation and regulatory requirements - The Capital Requirements Regulations and the Capital Requirements Directive
• Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.