Finance Business Partner
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and forward thinking Finance Business Partner to join our Finance and strategy UK team based at our Media & Corporate Head Office, Chiswick Park, West London.
Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on business professionals. We are QVC. The world’s biggest broadcaster-retailer and the 2nd largest online retailer. Always on.- and on a mission to change the way the world shops.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting and Corporate BP&A UK, this position leads the financial budgeting, management reporting and analysis of assigned Functional Areas. The position serves as day-to-day business partner for the functional leaders in order to support execution and measurement of results and business initiatives. You will be a steward of the budgeting and forecasting process for assigned business unit, and have ownership for all reporting and analysis deliverables within their area of focus.
Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Prepare monthly management accounts expense for all cost centres in line with UK and global time table including working with the Accounting team to ensure all costs for the relevant period have been correctly recorded.
- Prepares business performance, variance analysis reports & reviews and identifies issues or variances. Conducts monthly and quarterly review actual to budget and re-forecast for future periods.
- Regularly meets with assigned Functional area management to review variances, ensure tighter cost control and continuously improve financial reporting and performance measurement.
- Produces periodic and ad hoc business unit performance reports and analytics that provide cogent and actionable information for assigned executives and Finance management.
- Maintaining models for apportioning company wide costs e.g. pensions, and health insurance, benefits and taxes.
- Partners with business leaders to ensure cost and cost saving targets are met and continually explores ways of improving cost efficiency, including maintaining strong business relationships with global BP&A partners to share knowledge, insights and best practices.
- Promotes a culture of budgetary accountability, constantly reviewing and improving the Functional area financial practices to improve transparency, accuracy and cost optimisation.
- Provides financial analysis, modelling and advisory services to assigned business unit.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost and increase efficiency on expense side, as well as ways to maximize return on investment related to business initiatives.
- Maintains Finance review time tables and keeps the Functional area leadership up to date with the Financial Calendar and Financial performance updates.
- For Technology act as a go between to support Technology BP&A, Accounting and leaders to ensure accurate Accounting in line with budget and Forecasts and use of Financial tools (BPC),UK systems and processes.
Budgets & Forecasts
- Co-ordination and delivery of robust and realistic forecasts & budgets for the assigned Functional area in line with group and local time table.
- Assist Functional leaders with the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts including variance analysis cost saving initiatives and cost justification.
- Preparation and communication of capital budget in line with group timetable.
- Timely and accurate collation, review and analysis of first draft budget submitted by business areas for review with senior management.
- Submission of accurate budget reports in the various formats required by senior management and Group finance.
Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will be qualified CIMA and a graduate or studying to gain the qualification, ideally a minimum of two years experience working within a management accounts (or similar) role.
This role also requires the candidate to be proficient user of Microsoft Office in particular advanced Excel & Access. Candidates would be I.T Literate and ideally have experience of,
- SAP, BPC.
- Preparing management reports.
You’ll be results driven, highly organised with excellent attention to detail with excellent business acumen and commercial awareness.
You’ll be passionate about our business, and will be able to bring new strengths and ideas to our team.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better