IT Project Manager - Devonport
IT Project Manager - Working for the UK's leading engineering support services organisation your role will be to ensure the effective delivery of business value from IT projects.
- Ensuring the implementation of structured project management processes to ensure the effective delivery of business value from IT projects;
- Assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately;
- Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers;
- Maintaining a full set of documentation as required by the IT Project Management Process for each project
- Coordinating communication with all areas of the business that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed;
- Assisting the Programme Manager and Business Relationship Manager in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritise opportunities for business improvement;
- Ensuring that through life support capabilities are key design considerations in all new business system solutions
- Ensuring solution designs are compliant with the Standard Technology framework
- Experience of implementing IT Infrastructure Projects
- Experienced IT professional, focused on being a part of a cost effective and efficient programme management team
- Project Management qualification (Prince 2, APM etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of implementing and delivering large projects in complex environments within Budget and Timescales using structured Project Methodology
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of current IT technology
- Microsoft Project power user
- Experience of Microsoft Project Server would be advantageous
- Travel will be required with some overnight stays away from home
Benefits include 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career opportunities.
You will be required to hold UK MOD SC Clearance or be able to obtain SC on acceptance of the position.