Librarian / Researcher - Top City Law Firm
£32,000 - 35,000 plus benefits
My client, a leading international law firm with offices in the heart of the city are seeking an experienced Librarian / Researcher to join the firm’s Knowledge & Learning team.
You will report into the Head of Library and will be responsible utilising your researching skills to respond to internal enquires. You will be required to use a variety of print and online sources to gather legal, IP and technical enquiries.
Use your expertise to engage, promote and educate the firm on the use of Library and Knowledge department. You will also conduct training, inductions, assist with indexing, filing, monitor and circulate legal news.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Library enquiry service - working within established enquiry procedure guidelines to respond to legal, intellectual property, scientific, technical and medical literature enquiries. Providing accurate and effective responses, often to tight deadlines, using the most appropriate sources. Acting as Trusted Advisor to help internal clients achieve their research goals
- Creating and circulating news monitors, commercial intelligence and legal content as required and reviewing relevancy to ensure business benefit is being provided
- Working with Head of Library to represent and promote the Library and the wider Knowledge & Learning Department through profile raising activities including, but not limited to, inductions, resource training
- Assisting to monitor professional services' Library and research market to contribute to department development
- IT literate with a good understanding of the role of technology in developing Library services
- Operational Library duties - general Library tasks including, but not limited to, indexing, looseleaf filing and maintenance of collections
- Ad hoc Library projects as required
To be successful in this opportunity you must have:
- Information professional qualification
- Proven in-depth knowledge of legal databases (including Lexis, Westlaw, Lawtel, Practical Law)
- Excellent research skills - ability to evaluate, prioritise and manage expectations to deliver accurate, appropriate deliverables within deadline
- Strong customer service ethic - ability to negotiate with enquirers to offer solutions
- Active team player - able to support and collaborate with fellow Knowledge & Learning team members
- Confident and dynamic - able to effectively promote services and support user education initiatives
- Communication - good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivator - able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to take ownership and self-educate to develop research skills
- Flexible with a "can do" attitude
- European language an advantage
If you are looking to work for a reputable firm where you can truly make an impact in the firm and improve the current Library function, please apply today!
Salary - £32,000 - 35,000 plus large list of corporate benefits
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Career Legal is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this temporary vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you