Overview of the role:
Direct Workforce are working with our well-established client to recruit for an experienced Contracts Manager to work on contracts throughout the UK within the construction industry. Candidates with SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification would be at a distinct advantage along with experience of resin or screed flooring.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- As contracts manager, you will oversee projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget.
- You will be working on a wide variety of projects, 80% of these will be car parks within the Central London Location.
- At all times, you will be the first point of contact for members of the public, clients, site managers and sub-contractors for as long as the contract lasts.
- Health and safety issues will be a top priority in this role, as will managing client expectations.
- You may be negotiating sub-contract orders and monitoring sub-contractors, planning critical dates, or organising labour up to 6 direct reports.
- You would also be responsible for agreeing extra work to be done on a contract, helping to resolve any disputes which come up, and identifying areas for improvement in contracting processes.
- Flexibility is required
Skills and experience required:
- Experience on site construction environments essential
- GOLD CSCS Card Advantageous
- Experienced in flooring or painting industries would be ideal
- SMSTS/ SSSTS qualified preferable
- Experience with Screed or Resin flooring would be a distinct advantage.
Monday – Friday 7:30am -5pm - with flexibility to work some weekend when necessary
What our client can offer:
Immediate start for the right candidate
Salary £35k-£40k per annum dependant on skills and experience, Company Car and Pension scheme.