Media Executive (DACH)
DACH Media Executive - German Fluency Required
North Greenwich, London
£19,400 plus bonus of up to £3240 per annum, and excellent company benefits
There has never been a better time to join Gorkana, the UK’s market leader in media intelligence (and a part of the rapidly growing global company, Cision). We take pride in our ability to serve the complete workflow of communications, social media and content marketing across the world. Our rich analytics help clients get the most from their marketing and strengthen their data-driven decision making.
The primary focus of the role will be to maintain accuracy and detail and depth of the European data on the Gorkana database through verification of new and existing media and to expand data within regions covered to help gain new clients. In this fast growing part of our business we will expect you to become involved in many different areas giving you a variety of work and challenges which you are unlikely to find elsewhere.
As the DACH Media Executive you will support our PR clients across all sectors and various levels, by answering queries including via email and telephone. You will establish and build journalist relationships. The role will also include researching publications and individual journalists in order to ensure that our database is as up to date. You will be responsible to help build-out the relevant country you'll be working for, as well as responding swiftly to client requests for particular information.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Researching and verification of journalist data, and updating the database accordingly in line with Data Protection
- Researching and verification of publications, updating database accordingly
- Helping to expand European language data into other sectors
- Maintaining the accuracy of the database and your assigned countries through productive research
- Data entry
- Building relationships with editorial staff and verify information for allocated newspapers and publications through telephone contact and meetings
The successful applicant will be a professional and confident communicator capable of quickly forming professional relationships with our sales and business development teams, winning the confidence of journalists and other media representatives.
You will also have:
- An interest in and basic knowledge of the media/PR industry.
- Fluency in German in addition to English
- A high degree of computer literacy skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- The demonstrable ability to conduct productive research via the internet and telephone.
- Computer literate
- Self motivated with ability to time manage
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in all languages
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Media Research team as we continue to provide best in class data for our clients. If you thrive in today’s fast-paced media landscape where no two days are the same, then please apply now!